Development and consolidation 1945-1968

Anthroposophical work recommences directly after World War II in Germany and expands worldwide, especially through new initiatives in education, medicine, curative education, agriculture, professional unions, periodicals and publishing houses.

1950s and 1960s
Consolidation of Society activities at the Goetheanum and in various countries. 1963 brings a change in generations. The last of the founding members of the Executive Council, Guenther Wachsmuth and Albert Steffen, pass away. Before that new members join the Executive Council and a Collegium of Section leaders is activated. The cosmopolitan nature of the Society develops through collaboration with the General Secretaries from each country. Intensive groundwork, re-integration of the Dutch and British Societies, and the medical and curative education initiatives.

Seit 50er Jahre Am Goetheanum und in anderen Ländern entstehen Seminare und Ausbildungszentren für Berufsausbildungen in anthroposophischer Pädagogik, bildender Kunst, Eurythmie, Sprachgestaltung, Heilpädagogik, biologisch-dynamische Landwirtschaft etc. Ein anthroposophisch-studentisches Leben entsteht an verschiedenen Universitäten. Internationale Jugendtagungen in verschiedenen Ländern.

1954 The Trustees of Rudolf Steiner’s Estate, independent of the General Anthroposophical Society, begin to publish Rudolf Steiner’s Complete Works. The idea of publishing an anniversary edition for the 100th anniversary of Rudolf Steiner’s birth produces the core stock of the more than 340 volumes of his Complete Works that exists today. They represent a comprehensive source of inspiration for extending art, science and daily life through anthroposophy.

Since the 1960s Rudolf Steiner centers have been established in many major cities. Local members of the Anthroposophical Society study anthroposophy in local groups (“branches”) and provide a forum for new initiatives.